Monday, December 3, 2007

#19 Web 2.0 tools

Having selected several of the award winners...I seem to pick the ones that needed to be subscribed to. I often wonder how the owners of websites make money...How do they!!!!
Anyway after several hits I came across Lulu.com-Self publishing site.....excellent. The array of products (at a cost) however the books, calendars and also desk top publishing that you organize over the web mean's that I won't have to leave the office ever again. Lulu will organize to publish your own manuscript, book of photos etc.
I particulary liked the Community tab where you can enter forum's with writers, find out about organisations and events, receive their newsletters and add to their blog. Lulu claims to be the world's largest community of writers..... The website certainly is updated all the time and seems very easy to use.
As for a Library application I think this site would mainly be handy for private use. However it certainly would be a handy tool to pass onto all those budding writers out there as it seems like a logicial place to start.

No comments: