Monday, December 3, 2007

#22 Audio Books

Having toured around the website I find it intriguing. Certainly good for print handicapped people and for books out of print.
Listening to Alone by Edgar Allan Poe for me was an interesting experience. The little matchgirl missed all the beautiful illustrations and when I listened to the The travelling musicians I found myself looking at the graph on the screen instead of listening.
However like all things there is a time and place. Teenagers who seem to listen to everything nowdays would be a huge market for the ebooks/ audio books if the content appealed to them.
It certainly would be a bonus when studying a text at school and perhaps further encourage them to be interested in literary pursuits.
My personal choice would be sitting in a big comfy chair with a cup of tea and reading a book......A

No comments: