Sunday, December 2, 2007

#7 Technology


During the last few months my knowledge of Technology has taken a huge leap of advancement. It's like entering another world and one that sometimes makes you feel uncomfortable. Younger members of our society find the computer second nature with the subject being taught extensively at school and often this frustrates the pen and paper society.


Several years ago I saw the need to become familiar with the computer and so have been self taught which might explain the roundabout way I do things sometimes and also the need to talk myself through certain procedures. Using an accounting program and creating menus and posters certainly exposed me to a small section of the powerful tool that the computer can be.

Due to a change of position I have had a total about face of my needs to grapple with modern technology.The ability to navigate the email system, saving attachments and even assigning myself a signature has become second nature in the last few months. Upgrading and installing programs on my newly acquired laptop even knowing what the kids are talking about, has seen the learning curve climb. The completing of my first PowerPoint presentation and using a memory stick to transfer data has been enlightening . The purchase of a digital camera along with teaching myself Publisher and creating posters and flyer's for my position has strengthen my need to become more computer savvy. Flickr, Wicki, Blogs, my face and even listening to Pod casts over the computer has just given me an insight into what I didn't know but is something that will certainly influence me in the future.

Technology is the way of the future and will always be evolving. The whole wide world of the web certainly is one that we can embrace and move forward with. Having the opportunity to view areas that are expanding through Learning 2.0 has been extremely beneficial and enjoyable....A









No comments: